Summer is here! …She says, prepping herself to get into pyjamas and dressing gown because it’s July and it’s England.
I don’t know about you but I am seriously hoping that Susanna Sunshine comes and pays us a lengthy visit soon enough. I am just about sick of overcast skies! However, the minimal sunshine has not stopped me browsing the internet and pining over summer edits, so today I thought I’d share with you the top 9 items on my summer wishlist (pictured above)!
We’ll start top to bottom, left to right, and if you click on each individual picture it will direct you to the items so you can buy them yourself if you love them as much as I do. Are you ready?!
1. How beaut is this little summer dress?! I love yellow in summer and a floral pattern is something I obsess with this time of year! This ‘Yellow Ditsy Print Bardot Frill Hem Skater Dress’ is from Pretty Little Thing and is currently reduced to £16!
2. Who loves a tea dress? Me! I told you I loved a floral print. I absolutely adore the bold pattern on this dress, I feel it totally makes it. It’s one of those dresses that can be styled casually for a day out, a BBQ or an evening out with the girls/date night! This gorgeous piece – Ammie Grey Floral Wrap Front Tea Dress – is also Pretty Little Thing (the website to be right now! Although in all seriousness, if you’re a little shortbread like me and under 5’3, check out the petite section!) and it’s only £23 in the sale!
3. I am LOVING this ‘I Saw It First‘ – White/Black Polka Dot Mesh Oversized T-shirt Dress! I am really not one for mesh dresses (body confidence and all that!) but this is turning my head big time! This would be perfect in the heat as it’s so thin- this screams festival season to me. £15! Bargain, mate…
4. Legs eleven! It’s playsuit season. I love a tailored playsuit as I think they are so flattering. This cuts off and turns to shorts at exactly the right point, especially for an hourglass figure like mine. Nasty Gal is a site I’ve recently come across and I’ve already ordered quite a few outfits from them and I LOVE IT. They’ve nailed it with this ‘Spot Off The Shoulder Playsuit’, a discreet belt to highlight the curves of your waist and the off the shoulder style is right up my street! I think it accentuates a good clavicle fabulously. If you’re super quick you can get this lush piece for £24 instead of £40!
5. WHY have I only just found Miss Luna? I am majorly crushing over this ‘Gold Chain Embellished Bandeau Crop Top’! This is part of a two piece so you can get the matching mini skirt, but I am loving how this is styled with high waisted jeans. This is perfect for a summer night out and I am in love. Not bad for £27.90!
6. Anyone who knows me knows that I absolutely adore a midi dress and a ballooned sleeve. Boohoo have answered all my summer prayers with this ‘Polka Dot Volume Sleeve Midi Dress’! I am that bit extra and would wear this as a daily outfit, I love dressing down an outfit, however how perfect is this for a summer date night or a BBQ with family and friends? I can just picture this dress now, gin in my hand, sun on my skin… perfect! Retailing at £18, this is a summer steal.
7. Talking of volume sleeves… ta-da! ASOS is absolutely my go-to website for absolutely everything and this ‘Stripe Print Belted Long Sleeve Playsuit’ is the one. It’s so beautiful and I love how casual it is. The fabric looks so thin that even when the Moroccan heat graces Britain for a few hours, it’s airy enough to avoid the sweat! A slightly pricier item on the list at £42, but it’s plain enough to last a good few years with changing fashions. Always a winner!
8. SHOCK! Another playsuit and another ASOS winner. I love the colour of this playsuit and think it would look stunning with a tan. It’s also a playsuit that could work beautifully in Autumn too, a pair of thick black tights and a cardigan, you’re onto an all year winner with this ‘Tie Shoulder Button Front Playsuit’. At £25, you can’t go wrong!
9. Last but certainly not least, would it be summer if there wasn’t a bikini on the wishlist?! This is quite a daring bikini for me as if I’m totally honest, I’m not sure how I feel about the current ‘thong bikini’ trend. Did I look like Margot Robbie and I promise you I’d be all over them like a rash, but I don’t. HOWEVER, with Oh Polly smashing it out the park with this ‘Don’t Get It Twisted Cross Back Bikini’, I think I’d have to make an exception. Like most places, the top and bottoms are sold separately, so for the full set you’re looking at £40. Just look at it! Beautiful.
So there you have it! My top 9 items on my 2019 summer wishlist. Here’s to hoping the sun comes beaming through and we have a glorious summer ahead!
Let me know your thoughts in the comments. Don’t forget to like this post, follow my blog and head over to my insta @amberinateacup for regular updates and outfit inspiration!
Love, Amber x